May 1 & 2, 2021 Bisti Badlands Photography Workshop - Capture to Print!
Time & Location
About the Event
Come explore Mars on Earth! Bisti Badlands is one of American Southwest's most iconic places to visit as a landscape photographer. We have arranged this specific tour to visit and capture several unique photo locations at Sunrise and Sunset. A final post-processing and printing workshop will be provided to help you fully realize your photographic vision in print form!
We will be visiting the truly unique areas within the Bisti Wilderness: Cracked Eggs, King of Wings, Giant Hoodoos, Rock Gardens & more! (SAMPLE IMAGES)
What is included:
- Pre-sunrise breakfasts (05/01/21) and (05/02/21) will be provided along with light snacks & water.
- Learn in-field shooting techniques: Focus stacking, shooting for composition and in anticipation of limiting post processing hurdles, exposure triangle & bracketing for higher dynamic range images.
- How to plan for your photography trips (mobile Android/IPhone apps for location, weather, and ideal times for predetermined locations and events - sunrise, sunset, dark skies...).
- A 4-hour post-processing class via Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop, inclusive of a printing primer (how to prep your images for print, color space, print and web output). You will leave with one image of your choice from the workshop printed on a Canon Large Format Printer printed on-site. *Class will take place after the weekend workshop.
*All hotel accommodations and any additional meals are NOT included.
All photography skills are welcomed. There is no need to be an advanced photographer, we usually have a good mix of mostly intermediate photographers, a few advanced and a few beginners. You do not need fancy photography gear to shoot at the Badlands. If you have a camera capable of shooting in manual mode (or Aperature Priority), a tripod (required for low light/braketing images), and a wide angle lens or zoom lens, then you're all set! This is also a great opportunity to rent gear if you do not own and/or are trying out newer equipment before purchase (contact us if you have questions regarding preferred vendors).
*Participants must be physically capable of hiking 3-5 miles per day, with small elevation changes. Proper hiking clothes, shoes, and water bottles are required.
Price: $1250.00. Coupon Codes are available for any previous print purchase from our website or Gallery in Old Town Albuquerque (10%), and also available for all previous workshop attendees (20%) - Email Us for codes prior to checkout!
We have added 3 additional spots with an additional Instructor. Max 6 Workshop Participants due to COVID safe practices and our BLM Commercial Special Use Permit within the Bisti Badlands. Our group size will also be under the 10 allowable individuals under the revised New Mexico State Public Health Order.
- Sold OutBisti Badlands Workshop$1,250$1,2500$0