June 5th & 6th, 2021 Bisti Badlands Sunrise/Sunset Photography Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Come explore Mars on Earth! Bisti Badlands is one of American Southwest's most iconic places to visit as a landscape photographer. We have arranged this specific tour to visit and capture several unique photo locations at Sunrise and Sunset. A final post-processing workshop will be provided to help you fully realize your photographic vision!
We will be visiting the truly unique areas within the Bisti Wilderness: Cracked Eggs, Iconic Hoodoos, Rock Gardens & more! (SAMPLE IMAGES FROM OUR MAY 2021 WORKSHOP & OTHERS)
What is included:
- Pre-sunrise breakfasts (06/05/21) and (06/06/21) will be provided along with light snacks & water.
- Learn in-field shooting techniques: Focus stacking, shooting for composition and in anticipation of limiting post processing hurdles, exposure triangle & bracketing for higher dynamic range images.
- How to plan for your photography trips (mobile Android/IPhone apps for location, weather, and ideal times for predetermined locations and events - sunrise, sunset, dark skies...).
- A 4-hour post-processing class via Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop available to all Participants. Learn how I process my images and help you with your post-processing workflow. *Class will take place after the weekend workshop.
*All hotel accommodations and any additional meals are NOT included.
All photography skills are welcomed. There is no need to be an advanced photographer, we usually have a good mix of mostly intermediate photographers, a few advanced and a few beginners. You do not need fancy photography gear to shoot at the Badlands. If you have a camera capable of shooting in manual mode (or Aperature Priority), a tripod (required for low light/braketing images), and a wide angle lens or zoom lens, then you're all set! This is also a great opportunity to rent gear if you do not own and/or are trying out newer equipment before purchase (contact us if you have questions regarding preferred vendors).
*Participants must be physically capable of hiking 3-5 miles per day, with small elevation changes. Proper hiking clothes, shoes, and water bottles are required.
Price: $1250.00. Coupon Codes are available for any previous print purchase from our website or Gallery in Old Town Albuquerque (10%), and also available for all previous workshop attendees (20%) - Email Us for codes prior to checkout!
- Bisti Badlands Workshop$1,250$1,2500$0