Sat, Oct 05|
Balloon Fiesta Parkway Northeast
2019 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is the most photographed event in the world! Our Weekend Photography Tours will take you to the ideal vantage points to capture the perfect shots during this incredible event including mass ascension, evening balloon glow, and more.
Time & Location
Oct 05, 2019, 7:00 PM – Oct 07, 2019, 11:00 PM
Balloon Fiesta Parkway Northeast, Balloon Fiesta Pkwy NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113, USA
About the Event
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is the most photographed event in the world!
Our weekend photography tour will take you to the ideal vantage points to capture the perfect shots during this incredible event! Opportunities include a Balloon Mass Ascension, a evening Balloon Glow, and a Splash & Dash along the Rio Grande River. (All weather permitting)
Our goal is to provide attendees with opportunities to photograph (2) Mass Ascensions (varied locations/perspectives), an evening Balloon Glow, and attend a comprehensive post-processing workshop. We will make location decisions primarily based on the given weather (wind direction) for each specific event, in addition to Balloon Pilot recommendations, real-time AIBF weather briefings, available shooting locales, and attendee consensus. We limit our weekend tours to groups of 4 attendees per, and do sell out.
Our customized Photography Tours start with on-location, in-camera techniques, and end with an exclusive post-processing workshop, crafting images captured during the events to help turn your photographic vision into reality and return home with memorable images!
Saturday, October 5
- 4:00AM – Balloon Mass Ascension from Fiesta Field
- 4:00PM – Evening Balloon Glow and fireworks
Sunday, October 6
- 4:00AM – Splash & Dash along the Rio Grande or Balloon Mass Ascension from Vista Lookout
- 4:00PM – Evening Balloon Glow and fireworks
Monday, October 7
- 8:00AM – Post Processing Workshop includes Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop customized hands-on tutorial
What is included:
- All access fees to Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Field during specific tour dates.
- Personal guidance to unique vantage points for opportunities to capture successful images
- In-field instruction: Shooting for composition, exposure settings/bracketing for conditions (early morning low light, night-time fireworks...), capturing the image with post-production hurdles in mind. Time-lapse photography and/or video consultation with your DSLR (frame rates, and applicable manual settings).
- Post-processing instruction. A 4-hour comprehensive workshop, inclusive of my 'Start-to-Finish' editing process. This includes RAW image prep via Adobe Lightroom, and detailed enhancements utilizing a Smart Object Workflow process via Adobe Photoshop (exposure blending, luminosity masks, Orton effect, Color Theory...). During this post-processing workshop, we will also process images taken from Balloon Fiesta in real-time with your images/laptop.
What to bring:
- Layers of clothes. The temperatures during Balloon Fiesta are unpredictable and vary, and can swing rapidly.
- A head lamp or source of light for low light shooting situations.
- Comfortable shoes to walk in, preferably hiking shoes that provide support and that have been broken in.
- Camera equipment! Preferably a DSLR, or a camera that allows you to shoot in manual mode. Back up memory cards and camera batteries are always recommended. A good zoom lens is recommended (or a combination of prime lenses), as we will encounter a variety of angles, depths of field, and light conditions. As a side note, this is a fantastic opportunity to rent a lens (or two!) that you may have interest in purchasing, but would like to initially test out. If you have a polarizer (and/or ND) filter, it may come in handy, but not necessary to purchase. Lastly, a sturdy tripod is highly recommended.
- If you are interested in capturing time-lapses of specific events, a second camera body and intervalometer is recommended.
- If you post-process on a Windows Laptop or Apple Macbook, please bring your device along for the workshop with your editing software of choice loaded. I personally utilize Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop, in addition to a few 3rd party plug-ins for editing.
*Participants should be fit enough to walk or stand a few hours in one outing. The strenuous level for this event is light, with outings that will last 3-5 hours in duration.
*Hotels and meals are also the responsibility of each individual, and are not included. We do offer an Airbnb option, on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you have interest, please send us an inquiry.
*Personal Balloon Rides are available and organized separately for an additional fee. If you have interest, please send us an inquiry.
TOUR PRICING: $1,395.00 + TAX ($250 non-refundable deposit)